Friday 9 July 2010

Micro - Chipping Pets

I cannot say nice things about the wonders of microchipping pets.
Recently, there was a stray dog in our neighborhood for several days. than have him brought to the shelter & euthanized, or the poor thing hit by a automobile or abused by babies, I brought him home. I called our local newspaper & placed an advertisement, then called my veterinarian & the shelter to see if somebody had reported her missing. Although no had, the staff at my veterinarian's office recommended that I bring her in so they could scan her to see if he had a microchip. Fortunately, he did have, & in a matter of minutes I revealed her owner's name & phone number. It turns out that he lived in the next county, about twenty miles from my house.

I contacted her owner & could return her that day!
What might have been a mournful situation turned in to a happy ending. Although he did have a collar along with her license & ID tags on, he had slipped out of it like so plenty of canines do.
 encourage people that in the event that they have cherished pets that do not have a microchip, to go to their veterinarians & have it done today. Microchips are a nice investment for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment