Monday 9 August 2010

Kitty Tricks

For simple parlor tricks, like sit, stay, & sit-up, the treat process works best. For these actions, give the command, then with happy praise when they succeed, give them a treat as well as a small rub behind the ears. Obviously, these will be the simplest tricks to teach. Don't make your moving cat sit, but wait until they is sitting already. Have the treat prepared, give the command, "sit," then immediately show the cat the treat, give it to her while she is still in position, & praise her for sitting. In the event you do this consistently for a few days, then it is possible for you to to give the command & the cat will obey you even if they had been on her way elsewhere.

One time you have established "sit," move on to "stay" & do fundamentally the same thing you did - approach the cat & give her the treat. You ought to be able to go further & further away each time you give the command. If the cat gets up to follow you, give the sit command, then say "stay" & again, approach the cat to give her the treat.

For teaching your cat to sit-up, use the treat as the incentive by holding it above your cat's heads, high that they can  reach it, but not so high she'd must jump for it.

You can teach your cat to indicate yes or no with nodding or moving their head side to side by moving the treat in the direction that matches the command. Up & down for yes, side to side for no. This takes a small longer to move to other situations outside of treats but one time your cat makes the connection, & in the event you reinforce it with using the motions yourself as much as feasible, they will use the head movements to communicate with you.

Other "tricks" you can teach your cat are most basically done by making them part of a every day method. In the event you always say to your cat immediately before feeding time, "I bet you are hungry" then soon, you'll be able to basically say that phrase & your darling will be meowing on her way out to the kitchen.

For example, one time the yes & no are associated you can ask your cat if she'd like to play with a specific toy. Ask, "yes?" as you move your head up & down. Then put the toy away & say "no," while shaking your head. After a few weeks, you can ask your cat if he'd like to play & if they nods, then you can get a toy out. If they shakes his head, don't get the toy out.

I one time taught my cat to give kisses & hugs. Every morning when I left for work, I'd say "I'm leaving now. Come give me a kiss." I'd pick her up & kiss her, & then set her back down on the ground & wave goodbye. Every evening when I came home, I'd call out "I'm home! Am I able to have a hug?" I'd go pick up my cat, give her a light squeeze, kiss the top of her head & set her down.

No comments:

Post a Comment